Immersive Experiences: Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality Format
Storytelling in AR and VR. They can have an interactive component, however, they must have a substantial story element. We will showcase recordings of the experience as a supplement, the artist must provide a way for the audience to experience the immersive on their devices.
AR/VR/MR/XR may be created for a variety of platforms and exhibition formats.
- Submissions of this category will be in the form of an artist edited screen recording video of the experience (maximum 3 minutes in length).
- The video will be included in the IFF programme and must also be provided as a freely available locked, non-changing direct online link to the experience (no exceptions) so that judges and audience members may view it on their devices.
- Experiences designed for mobile devices must natively function on device or via a freely available/accessible platform or app from a public mobile app store for the currently supported (at time of submission) Android and iOS operating systems. Both Android and iOS must be supported by the experience, no exceptions).
- For all experiences, whether requiring a computer, headset or mobile device, the minimum hardware and software specifications must be provided as part of the submission
Screen recording video guidelines
- Must be edited, with titles, credits
- Immediately after titles, the video must include 1-2 screens of introduction (in English) describing what is about to be depicted in the video.
- Closed captioning / Subtitles must be burned into the video images for any dialogue. Closed captions may also be provided in the original language in addition to English. For videos with no dialogue, closed captions are also required to describe significant audio cues
Screen recording digital file specifications
- Video: MP4, MOV, QuickTime
- Audio: .MP3, .AAC, .WAV, .PCM
- Audio Channels: 2-channel Stereo or 5.1 Surround Sound
- Color Space / gamma: Rec 709 / 2.2
- Highest Quality movie file possible that matches the experience
- Frame Rate: progressive only: accepted options include: 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps
- Resolution: Native Resolution of Experience. May be conformed to HD (1920×1080)
- Aspect Ratio: Native Aspect of Experience. May be conformed to 16:9 (Widescreen)